In this video I cut out all the parts of the unibody Mercury Montego wagon floorboard to get the crown vic frame swap to fit / tuck all the way in. I had to cut into rear torque boxes, remove more of the front toquue boxes, and put a gap in the rocker panels. Basically remove all the floorboard above the rearend too.
When the frame was fitting ok I then test fit the stock wheels and the 5.4 4v engine to see if there will be any problem areas. The frame for the most part fits in nice, but there is some issue with the fender wells that will need looked at. Either I need to flare the rear fenders or do some different wheel / tire combo. The front fender should only need some minor work for everything to fit. Also the engine fits good at the firewall, and looks like adding the transmission will only need some minor cutting.
This part was a lot of work, as I’m trying to retain as much of the original sheet metal as possible, and was going slow and steady not to cut too much. If anyone has some ideas on the fender / wheel problem I’m all ears.
The next video will be cleaning up all the edges, making body mounts, and mounting the body to the frame. Also if you have any questions, ideas to talk about, or anything i can help with just let me know. i will get back to you asap.
Thanks, have a good day.